Monday, August 9, 2010

Resurrection

"Hello my friend, So good to see you again." (JH)


"It has been a long time, hasn't it." (JH)

I'll do my best to bring this up to date, but truth be told, interest has been waning lately as you might have guess. I did keep some notes on scrap paper, but accuracy cannot be guaranteed. It would be understated for sure, not overstated. Since my last entry not a lot has happened, Still working on my bathroom remodel, still working way too many hours. Been to Cape Cod numerous times, Plymouth a few times, not as many times as I would have like to because time is still at a premium.  Blah Blah Woof Woof  (JH)  
Lets just get started with the update.
When I last left you in May, (whew) I was off to a good start, thinking the economy was turning around and everything. It sputtered out just like the economy and this blog. I only mange to gather another .94 cents in change and $2.75 in cans. The month end wrap up is as follows:
Change: .94
Cans: $2.75
May Final Total: $23.70

Absolutely nothing happened in June that I recall, including not adding much to the RDF.
Change: $1.48
Cans: $3.20
June Final Total: $4.68


July was a good month for me, a so-so month for the RDF. We started the month off by spending the July 4th weekend on Cape Cod, actually we spent a good portion of it on a boat in Lewis Bay, including for the fireworks display on the night of the 4th.


Everyone would gather on the 24th of May
Sitting in the sand to watch the fireworks display.
Dancing fires on the beach, singing songs together...
Though it's just a memory, some memories last forever.  (RUSH)


Later in the month, we had a week off for vacation. We spent the first part of the week  at our friend's house in Plymouth, we had a great time. As promised back in May, here is a picture of the view from their deck and the second one is from their upper deck off the master bedroom.


We finished off the week in Cape Cod and then back to the grind. During the month of July I collected $3.60 in change and $.75 in cans. The above change included a $1.00 bill found at Stop & Rob. So here are the totals.
Change: $3.60
Cans: $.75
 July Final Total: $4.35

August is really in the crapper so far. It seems everybody remembers to check the coin return slot on the Coinstar now, slim pickens there. Not much going on at work either, and Bella has been getting skunked at the park now.  The funds are pitiful for the month.  On a bright note, during my hiatus these past months, I managed to go the redemption center 3 times for a total of $58.90 which as always is thrown into the RDF. 
Until next time, whenever that may be,  CYA
Change: .03
Cans: .35
Aug Total; $.38

No comments: