Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!



Welcome to the Winter of 2010 and another new year of the Rainy Day Fund.  Brrrrr - Baby It's Cold Outside in more ways than just the temperature. I am off to probably one slowest starts ever for a month as far as finding monies for the RDF.  I guess I could blame the frigid temps, the snow and ice, but I think it also has to do with economy as well, Just not as much disposable income, so every penny counts these days. So far I collected 14 cans & bottles for a total of .70 cents and only 3 pennies and a dime for change. Yikes!  Hopefully things turn around pretty quickly.

Here's an interesting update for those of you who follow this blog. I showed you a picture of a headstone back on August 23rd 2009 that had a curse inscribed on it for all eternity. I asked the question at the time what would make a person so angry as to do this, Well thanks to a Michael Volpe, I now know why. If your interested, please take the time to read Michael's comment about the story of Mary Dolencie. ~RIP~
Well that brings another edition of the RDF to a close, Until next time, CYA...
Change: .13
Cans: .70
Jan.Totals: .83 (ouch)

1 comment:

bleason said...

Rainy Day,

Nice to see this post and your photo---brrrr.

Expect your totals to pick up as the snow melts.

MoneyWalker