Thursday, October 22, 2009

Long Time Gone....


It's been a long time comin'
It's going to be a Long Time Gone.
And It appears to be a long,
appears to be a long,
appears to be a long
time, yes, a long, long, long, long time before the dawn.

Wow, it has been a long time gone. I have no excuses for my absence. Since my last post I've been to the Berkshires, Spent a week on olde Cape Cod, went to a Patriots game, but I did not make it to the bank yet to turn all this found money into large bills as I previously said I was going to do, (oh well, I'll get there eventually). I have kept notes of my finds, on an envelope of all things, so I'll try and decipher that and bring the RDF up to date.
First the month of September.
September 7th was the Rainy Day Fund's 1st anniversary. and I had picked up $5.13 in change and .25 cents in cans by that date making my One year total $167.15...
(and the crowd goes wild). I don't think that is a bad amount, not as good as some other blogs but not too shabby either. I can live with it.
For the rest of September I managed only another .92 cents and $1.15 in cans & bottles. I also cashed in my cans & bottles for a total $14.30 to add to the kitty. A couple of other significant finds was a 14k gold ring with diamond chips and a Canadian 50% silver dime (1968) from my old friend the Coinstar. That wraps up the month of September.
Change: $6.05
Cans: S1.40
September Final Total: $7.45
The month of October had a first since the launch of the RDF, I found a dollar bill at Cumbys, Yes folks, that is the first time in a year+ that I actually found paper money. it's always been change unless it was one of those keep the change scenario's from work. As far as change goes, I have gathered $3.52 thus far and $1.85 in cans & bottles. I also cashed them in again this month for another $13.80... And believe it or not, the Coinstar kindly gave me another Canadian 50% silver dime again, (1968 again) as well as a couple of wheaties, tokens and assorted foreign coins... That brings us up to date, I'll try and update more frequently but no promises.
Until next time, CYA............ (off to the Berkshires again tomorrow)
Change: $3.52
Cans: $1.85
October Total: $5.37

No comments: